Our mission in the Department of Exceptional Children is to improve the quality of life and outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities and their families through professional excellence, collaboration and communication.
Collierville Schools Believes:
- Special Education is not a location, rather it is a set of specifically designed services to help students with disabilities reach their maximum potential.
- When families work together with educators and specialists, a student’s outcomes can significantly increase.
- All decisions about programs and services for students with disabilities must be based on each child's individual strengths and challenges and must be made by an Individualized Educational Planning Team.
- Parental involvement in the development, as well as the implementation of the individualized program is critical.
- All students are important and valued with unique needs and abilities.