COVID-19 Support Information and Materials:
Considerations for who should get tested:
- People who present with symptoms
- People that are considered close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes or more) with someone with confirmed COVID-19
- People who have been asked or referred to get testing by their healthcare provider
- If you test positive, please follow these proactive steps to protect others from getting sick
- If you test negative, you were probably not infected at the time your sample was collected. The test result only means that you did not have COVID-19 at the time of testing. Please continue to take these steps to protect yourself
- Support materials about your test results
Viral test for COVID-19 (video):
- Two kinds of tests are available for COVID-19: viral tests and antibody tests. A viral test may tell you if you have a current infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. Whether you test positive or negative, always take steps to protect yourself and others.
Positive COVID-19 Case in the School: Protocol and Procedure
As of 8/27/2020 - Based on the new directives provided by the Shelby County Health Department: Collierville Schools has updated their close contact protocols to reflect accordingly with the new directives. Close contact is defined as having direct physical contact or being within six (6) feet for at least ten (10) minutes.
Tennessee COVID-19 FAQs: