Family Life, Healthy Living
New Puberty Curriculum for 4th, 5th, and 6th Grade Students
Puberty: The Wonder Years
Coordinated School Health & Physical Education
Coordinated School Health is based on the Centers for Disease Control 8 Component approach to healthier schools:
- Nutrition Services - link to shared services website
- Health Services - link to more information
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Health Promotion for Staff
- Healthy School Environment
- Health Education
- Physical Education/Physical Activity
- Parent/Community Involvement
Each school has a Healthy School Team which utilizes faculty and staff who are considered experts in each component so that they able to capture a comprehensive snapshot of the school environment. After assessing the needs of the school, as a team, the school will develop a plan to not only address the weaknesses, but also highlight its strengths. Healthy School Teams promote healthy schools and encourage healthy behaviors, for students, faculty and families.
Physical Education/Physical Activity
Check out Coach William's Website!
Coach Crystal Williams is an awesome PE teacher and shares her knowledge on her new website!