Why is a new High School Needed?
In reality, there are two needs to meet current and future enrollment. We need more high school space and we need more middle school space.
- Collierville has exceeded its capacity to house students at the current High School –
- Capacity at Collierville High School – 2,000
- Collierville High School current enrollment – 2,160
- Collierville High School student projections – 2,600+ by 2018 2017, and growing after that
- Collierville needs a school campus designed to accommodate 3,000 students, with room to expand if needed
- The current Collierville High School campus of 50 acres does not offer the expansion space required to grow to 3,000 students. Additional land acquisition is necessary.
- The current Collierville High School campus is in need of a facilities upgrade to meet current minimum standards for High Schools. Some facilities are more than 40 years old, and designed originally for middle school needs. No immediate upgrades are necessary to transition this facility to a middle school.
- Collierville has exceeded its capacity to house students at its two current Middle Schools –
- Capacity at Collierville middle schools (2) – 1,890
- Collierville middle schools current enrollment – 1,926
- Collierville middle school student projections – 2,000+ by 2017, and growing after that
- Collierville needs facilities to accommodate 2,100 students, with room to expand if needed
- Neither current Collierville middle school has the infrastructure or expansion space to accommodate the current and future capacity needs at the middle school level.
The opportunity to invest in our children’s future is now!