The Apple Teacher program is a free, self-paced, professional learning program designed by Apple to support educators using Apple products in the classroom for both Mac and iPad, as well as Swift Playgrounds (coding). Once completed, educators will be awarded with certification as an Apple Teacher. Collierville Schools would also like to recognize staff who attain this certification showing their commitment to our district’s Digital Learning Initiative.
- Educators will complete the Apple Teacher program. Sign up to get started here.
- Educators who have already received or just receive the Apple Teacher certification will notify the Technology Department here.
- Educators are also encouraged to include the Apple Teacher certification in their email signature (following Apple guidelines) and post the logo on their school website.
- The school Instructional Technology Facilitator (ITF) will then post badges to educators’ classrooms/offices.
- Schools may also choose to celebrate these educators as well through a bulletin board or daily announcement.
- The Technology department will track and share results of each schools’ percentage of educators with Apple Teacher certification. We hope that a little friendly competition will spur our staff to grow professionally with the goal of student learning in mind.
If you have any questions about this program, see your school ITF.